8/11/09

Ofcourse...

getting a turntable automatically adds a new hobby to my life...what would that be???
survey says...
you guessed it!
...collecting old (and new but mostly old) vinyl albums...old ones are cheaper...
why have a turntable and have nothing to listen to on it...???
so i'm now a vinyl album collecter and i must say,
"My Vinyl Weighs A Ton"

so for the past two weeks (since i've had my turntable) i've been gathering vinyl...
how you ask? well...i think we all know the classic term, crate digging...mainly in my garage and the pawn shop (which is why i gave my self the monicker "pawn shop crate digger") cause that's what i do...ofcourse in the pawn shop it wasnt as simple as digg and take..i had to buy-_-...but in my garage and at my grandparents house i found A LOT of good ones...and put them in MY crate...I hadn't bought ANY album in a long time, until last week when i purchased, Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers's "Witch Doctor"...

the night i gathered the most vinyl though was the night Mylo (X) came over...and we were in my garage 'til almost 12...(Official Crate Digger Status) my mom even found me a crate of my own and i spray painted it...i didnt take any pics of it yet though...just the tub that i had 1st

SOME of What We Found...
Crate

Blue Magic
let the side show begin...

Led Zeppelin

Bob Marley
RASTA!!!

Roxanne Roxanne
Roxanne Roxanne, I Wanna Be Yo Man...all the songs that were made to that theme

The Big Pay Back!
James Brown

Curtis Mayfield
one of my favorite soundtracks

The Last Dragon
my other favorite soundtrack..and one of my favorite movies

Rich. Pryor
LOL

Malcolm Speaks
The X Factor

Marvin Live
Distant Lover!!

Gil Scott-Heron
This one is my favorite...above everything with anyone speaking on it!!! "Kick It, Quit It, Kick It, Quit It"

Mylo X
THE X TAPE...COMING SOON= www.wenose.blogspot.com

Nina Simone
ITS AMAZING, SO AMAZING

usually not a fan of dudes who stand around playing their saxophone in underwear...
Fela Kuti
but Fela Kuti's DOPE!!!

& My Favorite Jazz..McCoy Tyner [China] lol..."i give props to blue note"
McCoy Tyner

The 45...
45
Geno 'Awesome' Austin

What I Bought...
Witch Doc/

i had taken some john coltrane pics and some others...i just didnt feel like adding those pics....blah blah...

more stuff coming to you soon because my mom lets me use her camera sometimes, haha, OUT>>>